A word that most of us not only learn but likely experience during childhood. When you get teased for the way you look, the way you talk, the way you act or even just for the way you are. Why..? It makes you wonder, why am I being treated this way? Why am I different?

This is when society takes control over your life and tells you to be discontent with yourself and strive to be somebody you are not. According to the Annual UK Bullying Survey of 2015, 50 percent of kids between the ages of 13 and 20 years have bullied another person, with appearance cited as their primary motivation. This may explain why people are not happy with their appearance in adulthood and striving to always perfect themselves. More than 90 percent of girls between the ages of 15 and 17 years are not happy with their physical appearance. That leaves us with 10 percent of people who are actually happy with the way they look. In other words, we live in a world full of imperfect people expecting each other to be perfect and we allow social media to be the big bully and take control of our lives! If we all looked the same, then we would live in a world lacking variety and uniqueness. The truth is, being unique is beautiful. You are one of a kind! It makes you stand out from the crowd and that is what makes you special. If we let the media dictate us how to live our lives, then what us the point of living? It’s time to take the control back and live your own live the way you want!


Check out this link for the 2015 Bullying Survey.

And this link for some statistics on bullying.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *